Providing Fresh Produce to People in Need
The Friends of Holcomb Farm serves two populations through its Fresh Access program:
- Families who are having trouble affording or accessing healthy food
- Individuals and families who are struggling with a health crisis
Each year, Holcomb Farm donates more than six tons of produce to our partner organizations through our Fresh Access program. Roughly speaking, that’s $25,000 worth of nutritious, local produce annually.
We work with good people who are doing good work, including:
- The Granby Senior Center, who distributes our produce to Granby’s senior citizens, most of whom are on fixed incomes; and many of whom do not have easy access to fresh produce.
- The Waste Not Want Not Community Kitchen, which serves a weekly community dinner, free-of-charge, to support those in need and to bring the community together.
- The Town of Granby Social Services Department, which identifies food-insecure families from Granby who could benefit from a helping hand.
- The Healing Meals Community Project, whose mission is to serve healthy, 100 percent organic meals to clients and their families who are struggling with a health crisis. These meals are provided free of charge and delivered to the client’s doorstep.
Please Help Us Do This Important Work
If you believe in helping your neighbors in need by providing them with access to fresh, healthy food, please join the Friends of Holcomb Farm and support our Fresh Access program today. Your tax deductible donation will make a big difference in the life of someone who could use a helping hand.
- $25 – Provide a family of four with fresh vegetables for a week
- $75 – Provide 10 seniors with healthy produce for a week
- $100 – Provide a family of four with fresh vegetables for a month
- $250 – Support an entire organizational share (Healing Meals, Waste Not Want Not, etc.) for a week
Please use the secure link below to make your donation today.
Thank you for your generous support!