Last Veggie Sale of 2021
Here it is folks, one last chance to load up on local veggies and eat well this winter! The Farm Crew is getting together to say goodbye to 2021 and pack heaping bags of healthy produce next week. This is a drive through sale at the Barn with pre-packed shares ready to grab and go.
Each bag will contain:
5 lbs of Potatoes
5 lbs of Carrots
3 lbs of Sweet Potatoes
2 lbs of Celeriac
2 lbs of Rainbow Daikon Medley
2 lbs of Turnips
2 lbs of Parsnips
2 lbs of Watermelon Radishes
1 lb of Sunchokes
1 or 2 Gilfeather Turnips
1 or 2 Rutabaga
and a head of Cabbage
The price is $65 for folks who have signed up for a 2022 Summer Share and $75 for non-CSA members - we're always looking for opportunities to give value to our CSA Members, so if you haven't signed up for next's year's share, now is a good time! CLICK HERE or on the button below to sign up!
Pick Up Hours at the CSA Barn 111 Simsbury Rd:
Thursday the 16th, 10 am - 4 pm
Friday the 17th, 10 am - 4 pm
Saturday the 18th, 10 am - 4 pm
THANK YOU & HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
Contents (approximately) of each bag.
Other Important Details
· Cash or Check Only for this sale. The Farm Store is packed for the winter and we won't be able to take credit cards.
· We'll have a bunch of items in limited supply that will also be available for sale (eggs, etc.), so bring a few extra bucks or wait to fill out the check until you browse the menu on the "Drive-Thru" white board.
· Please reply by email if you'd like to pick up a share so we can get an idea of how many bags to pack.
· We will also be at the Lost Acres Vineyard Holiday Market on December 18th from 10 to 2, so if 30+ lbs of veggies is not your thing, visit us at the vineyard.
· To keep down costs most of the veggies will be unwashed - which is probably for the best since they will keep much longer with some of our soil to protect them from drying out.
· Things will be quiet at the Farm for a while, so seize the day and load up now - we hope to do another sale whenever the hoophouse greens are ready for harvest in 2022.