The Friends of Holcomb Farm
Support the Friends of Holcomb Farm
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, the Friends of Holcomb Farm receives no subsidy from the Town of Granby. It is only with the support of our friends and neighbors that we can achieve our goals. With a minimum $25 donation, you can become a voting member of this organization. Your donation will enable us to keep up this work and to keep this farm thriving. As a member of the Friends of Holcomb Farm, you will be invited to all of the exciting things happening at the Farm; and you’ll be doing your part to keep this historic New England farm alive. Thank you for your support!
Who We Are
The mission of the Friends of Holcomb Farm is to preserve, promote and utilize an historic working New England farm.
- Maintain a 312-acre working farm that is a symbol of Granby’s agricultural history.
- Host programs that promote healthy living, conservationism and connecting with the land.
- Farm the land using totally transparent farming methods.
- Provide area residents with a source of nutrient-dense, fresh produce grown without the use of pesticides or chemicals.
- Save people money by offering an economical alternative to buying their vegetables, herbs and flowers at grocery stores.
- Advocate for all of Granby’s farming families.
- Offer one-stop-shopping for a wide range of locally-sourced products, including meats, cheeses, jams, ice cream, honey, flowers, and more.
- Increase the community’s exposure to agriculture and access to its bounty.
- Utilize best practices in the management of open space for public use.
- Promote the health and economic benefits of local food.
- Maintain 10+ miles of trails for recreational activities, including hiking, snowshoeing, and cross-country skiing.
- Donate more than 8 tons of fresh produce to more than 1,300 neighbors facing a financial or health crisis each year.