Welcome to Our Trails
Spend an hour or an afternoon. Holcomb Farm encompasses more than 300 acres of farmland, rolling hills, meadows, woodland, and clear brooks. Situated between Granby Land Trust properties and the McLean Game Refuge, Holcomb Farm helps form a significant area of open space and protected land in Granby.
The trails are open to the public daily from dawn to dusk, 365 days a year. Some trails have moderate elevation gains. Hiking, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and horseback riding are encouraged. Bicycles and motorized vehicles are prohibited. All trails are marked by colored blazes. Horses are allowed on all trails and additional horse trails are marked by white dots. Horses are not allowed on trail bridges.
- Dogs must be leashed and under control.
- Bicycles and motorized vehicles are not permitted.
- Hunting, trapping and shooting are not permitted.
- Camping is not allowed except by special permission (call Town of Granby at 860-653-8947).
- Smoking and building fires is not permitted.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- If you open a gate, please close it.
- Horseback riders must cede the right of way to pedestrians.
- The trails bridges are NOT horse-safe and should not be used by riders. Please use water-crossings.
- Wildlife, flowers, shrubs, trees, and rocks are precious natural resources to be left undisturbed.
- Permission for large picnic groups or other special events must be obtained in advance (call Town of Granby at 860-653-8947).