Fresh Access. Fresh Produce for People in Need.
We work with good people who are doing good work, including:
- Wheeler Clinic, of Hartford, which utilizes Holcomb Farm produce in its community kitchen and in its comprehensive wellness and nutrition programming at its holistic health campus in the Asylum Hill neighborhood;
- The Hartford-based Hispanic Health Council, whose mission is to improve the health and social well-being of Latinos and other diverse communities;
- The Granby Senior Center, which distributes our produce to Granby’s senior citizens, many of whom are on fixed incomes and do not have easy access to fresh produce;
- The Waste Not Want Not Community Kitchen, which serves a weekly community dinner, free-of-charge, to support those in need and to bring the community together;
- The Town of Granby Social Services Department, which identifies food-insecure families from Granby who could benefit from a helping hand;
- The Healing Meals Community Project, which serves healthy, 100 percent organic meals to clients and families who are struggling with a health crisis. These meals are provided free of charge and delivered to the client’s doorstep.
Help Us Respond to Unprecedented Need
So many people in our region are suddenly and unexpectedly struggling to feed their families due to COVID-19. And we have been forced to cancel our Harvest Dinner -- our biggest fundraiser of the year.
Hard Work for a Good Cause
Our Farm Crew has worked hard to grow, harvest and deliver 14,000 pounds of fresh and healthy food to families in need so far this year. Aren't they amazing?
You Can Help
The Friends of Holcomb Farm cannot do this work without your support. We are a nonprofit, charitable organization, and we rely primarily on private contributions to support our charitable goals. Your tax-deductible donation to Fresh Access will make a difference in the health of a local family, a person facing a health crisis, or a senior living alone.
If you believe in helping your neighbors in need by providing them with access to fresh, healthy food, please join the Friends of Holcomb Farm and support our Fresh Access program today.