Fresh Access. Fresh produce for people in need.
We work with good people who are doing good work, including:
- Wheeler Clinic, of Hartford, which utilizes Holcomb Farm produce in its community kitchen and in its comprehensive wellness and nutrition programming at its holistic health campus in the Asylum Hill neighborhood;
- The Hartford-based Hispanic Health Council, whose mission is to improve the health and social well-being of Latinos and other diverse communities;
- The Granby Senior Center, which distributes our produce to Granby’s senior citizens, many of whom are on fixed incomes and do not have easy access to fresh produce;
- The Waste Not Want Not Community Kitchen, which serves a weekly community dinner, free-of-charge, to support those in need and to bring the community together;
- The Town of Granby Social Services Department, which identifies food-insecure families from Granby who could benefit from a helping hand;
- The Healing Meals Community Project, which serves healthy, 100 percent organic meals to clients and families who are struggling with a health crisis. These meals are provided free of charge and delivered to the client’s doorstep.
Six Tons of Vegetables Annually
Each year, The Friends of Holcomb Farm donates more than six tons of healthy produce to more than 1,000 people through its Fresh Access program. Roughly speaking, that’s $25,000 worth of nutritious, local produce annually.
The Friends of Holcomb Farm serves two populations through this program:
- Food-insecure individuals and families who have trouble affording or accessing healthy food;
- Individuals and families who are struggling with a health crisis.
You Can Help
We cannot do this work without your support.
We rely entirely upon private contributions to support our charitable goals. Your donation to Fresh Access will make a difference in the health of a local family, a person facing a health crisis, or a senior living alone.
If you believe in helping your neighbors in need by providing them with access to fresh, healthy food, please join the Friends of Holcomb Farm and support our Fresh Access program today.